The Board of Directors, Oversight Committee for Community Health and Wellness, hospital administration, and larger hospital community, are all committed to Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital's Community Health and Wellness Mission, which is:
- To evaluate the health status of service area neighborhoods of West Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park and Jamaica Plain and respond to identified needs.
- To pay particular attention to health and wellness concerns affecting children in local schools, the elderly, women, and diverse populations who may experience health disparities, among others.
- To provide a wide variety of free health screenings and health education programs, and other services relating to important health issues affecting communities served.
- To seek community participation in and feedback about our community benefits efforts, by involving community members in the hospital’s planning and evaluation processes and by keeping the lines of communication open.
- To engage in meaningful, active collaboration with a broad range of community residents, schools, service organizations, businesses, government agencies and others, to stay abreast of community needs, and to pool knowledge and resources in addressing those needs.
- To periodically review and assess community benefits goals, services, and outcomes to insure that they remain relevant to issues affecting our communities, and to allocate or reallocate community benefits resources, as needed.