Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital's Department of Psychiatry is the largest clinical psychiatry site within the Brigham system. Our clinical staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, occupational therapists and licensed alcohol and drug counselors. As an integrated part of Brigham and Women’s Department of Psychiatry, we evaluate and treat a broad range of patients especially those with complex, interconnected medical problems. In addition to providing expert care to individuals with mood, anxiety, psychotic and substance use disorders, we have subspecialists who concentrate on behavioral therapies and community psychiatric issues.
Our Psychiatry programs include
- 2 South - 24 bed locked inpatient psychiatric unit for patients 16 and older.
- 6 North - 8 bed inpatient detox - primarily for alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawal, co-led with medicine
- Psychiatric Partial Hospital Program
- Addiction Partial Hospital Program
- Consultation Liaison Service
- Outpatient General Psychiatry Clinic
- Outpatient Suboxone/Buprenorphine Practice
- Outpatient Vivitrol/Extended Release Naltrexone Clinic
As part of our academic mission, we are involved in training the next generation of clinicians. We are a training site for the Harvard Longwood Residency Training Program, Harvard Medical students and psychology, social work and occupational therapy students. These trainees are a valued part of our multidisciplinary team and are closely supervised by our experienced providers. We are also increasingly working side-by-side with researchers, and may offer you opportunities to participate in clinical studies. Clinicians who are involved in teaching and research provide you the most evidence-based, state-of-the-art care possible.
More about our psychiatry program
View printable PDF versions of the trifold brochure and info sheet for Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital's Department of Psychiatry.