Patients having surgery at Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital will be scheduled for a virtual or telephone appointment with staff from the Roberta and Stephen R. Weiner Center for Preoperative Evaluation.
Your surgeon's office will provide you with:
- The date and time of your preoperative appointment. If you do not know if you have an appointment or need to reschedule it, please call your surgeon's office.
- The date of your surgery. The hospital will call you two business days before your surgery to provide your arrival time and check-in location.
- Other instructions you will need for your surgery.
During your preoperative evaluation, Weiner Center staff will review:
- Your health history and current medications
- Determine if you will need to come in for additional testing
- Information on scheduling your pre-operative COVID test
You will receive instructions on:
- When to take your medications leading up to and following your surgery
- What you can eat and drink leading up to surgery
- Bathing instructions before surgery