Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service
The Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service at Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital provides expert treatment for athletes who play on high school, collegiate and professional teams, as well as recreational athletes of all ages. We provide comprehensive care for the full range of sports injuries, including hip and knee, hand, foot and ankle, elbow and shoulder and spine. Our successful sports medicine program helps get athletes back in the game.
Our multidisciplinary team of orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists, radiologists and physical therapists assures a timely and accurate diagnosis, and the fastest recovery possible.
Our specialty areas include:
- all musculoskeletal problems
- specialized arthroscopic procedures of the knee, shoulder, elbow spine and ankle
- advanced surgical reconstruction of torn knee ligaments and state-of-the-art treatment techniques for neck and back problems
- advanced surgical repair or replacement of torn knee cartilage, including cartilage cell regrowth
- advanced rehabilitation techniques and state-of-the-art equipment for faster and safer return to activity
- non-operative treatment services